Why are so many people injured doing simple things? Because they have old unaddressed injuries that predispose them to re injury performing simple tasks.
Did you know that every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job? EVERYONE is at risk for work-related injuries. Contrary to common belief, it doesn’t take lifting a 40 pound bag of concrete to experience work related pain. Simply reaching for a dropped pen during a meeting can cause painful results. The consequences leave no good choices: you either continue to work with the pain or you miss work.
The top 3 workplace injuries resulting in lost work days are:
- Overexertion (34%) this can be simply lifting or bending.
- Contacts with objects or equipment (25%)
- Slips, trips and falls (25%)
Many of these injuries are serious enough to keep people out of work for days, weeks and even months on end. We know that many of our patients are not able to take that much time off of work, nor can they afford to deal with chronic pain and other issues that can greatly impact quality of life. Dr. Santoro sees many patients with musculoskeletal issues due to occupational injuries and has had much success improving their symptoms.
No matter whether you job requires you to sit at a desk, drive a truck or move heavy equipment around, injuries can happen to anyone regardless of the type of workplace.
- Repetitive motion injuries: this can include everything from typing on a computer to chopping food all day, which can lead to issues such as carpel tunnel or tendonitis.
- Falling object injuries: Many people experience head neck and back injuries due to falling objects.
- Falling injuries: from falling down a set of stairs to slipping on a wet floor can often lead to chronic pain and muscle strain.
Chiropractic is a great option for those dealing with work related injuries and health problems. The various techniques and treatments we use are completely drug free and can promote faster healing while providing you with the pain relief you desire.